1.04.2007

Speed Stix


Yesterday, I finally went out and bought myself a pair of size 50 knitting needles. I thought it would help me use up this monstrous pile of yarn more quickly and I was right. I started this afghan about 3:30pm and finished it at about 12:30am, with a few small breaks (you know, dinner and stuff). The Lionbrand website's patterns for Speed Stix afghans were mostly just stockinette stitch, and started with casting on thirty-something stitches. Well, boring! But the number of stitches gave me an idea. I pulled out my "Dischcloths from the Heart" book and picked out a pattern. I chose the seed stitch heart- it might be kinda hard to see in the pic, but it turned out great. The only thing I changed was to add some rows on either end to make it rectangular instead of square. And it used up 4 skeins of yarn!! Hooray! Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Maggie said...

great job! you can definately see the heart in the middle there. You did that all in one day! You have to teach me to knit!!